Parents’ Association Chairperson:
The Parents’ Association is the structure through which the parents/guardians in our school work together for the best possible education for their children. The Parents’ Association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership of home and school.
All parents of pupils in our school are members of the Parents’ Association. Each year the Parents’ Association holds its AGM and elects a committee who manage the responsibilities of the Parents’ Association on behalf of all the parents.
The following are some of the activities in which our Parents’ Associations are involved:
- Organising information/social events for new parents to the school
- Organising welcome events for new students to the school
- Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on Internet Safety
- Providing support/organisational input to major school events, e.g. First Communion
- Channelling parent’s views on school policy issues to the Principal/Board of Management
- Contributing to school website
- Organising Fund Raising Events for the school