Senior Infants recently took part in the ‘Mighty Mouth’ dental health programme. We learned all about how to take care of our teeth. Miss Byrne showed us the best way to brush our teeth using a giant toothbrush and a huge mouth! Here are some of the things that we found out.
· Milk and water are the best choices to drink.
· Children under 7 should use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
· We should hold our toothbrushes like a pencil so we don’t scrub too hard.
· Fruit juices should only be used at meal times.
· Tooth brushing should last for 3 minutes.
We kept tooth brushing diaries and used our new toothbrushes and toothpaste. The tooth fairy will love to find our teeth in our new tooth fairy envelope too. We would like to thank Liz O’Reilly, a health education officer, for providing us with all the programme material. She also came to talk to the parents of Senior Infants when they performed their ‘Winning Smile Rap’ and received their participation certificates.